Why Do We Wear Name Badges
There are many benefits for businesses that decide to have their employees wear name badges, including:
- Professionalism. When people have a name badge on they tend to act more professionally. They realize that their name is out there for everyone to see, so their own reputation is on the line, as well as the company’s. Also, a name badge is part of a uniform, and wearing a uniform sets a tone of professionalism.
- Customer service. For those employees who are working with the public, it is helpful if they wear a name badge. They will most likely try harder to provide good customer service, since their name is right there.
- Loyalty. Wearing a name badge will help to put customers on a first-name basis with those waiting on them. When this happens, it often creates a friendly atmosphere and, in turn, builds loyalty. When customers feel like they know the people that work there, they are more likely to keep returning to do business.
- Branding. Depending on how you design your name badge, it may become a branding tool for your company. Those with the company logo will subtly help with your branding efforts.
- Identify Employees and Volunteers to Each Other: Sometimes, especially in larger companies, it can be difficult to remember everyone’s name. By wearing name badges, or other personal identification, newer employees and other team members in the company can easily recognize each other. Name badges also provide accountability to employees as once a name tag is worn, it requires the wearer to accept responsibility for his/her actions.
- Conversation Starters: Name badges are a great way for customers and consumers to start up conversations with employees or volunteers. Name badges let the customer know exactly who there are working with from the first moment they meet your employee. Personal identification provides and easy way for customers to identify these employees or volunteers. If a customer has a question or requires assistance, they will know exactly who to ask for help.